Veterinarians who are members of the Australian Veterinarian Association may be regulated by the AVA’s Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct generally prescribes for the following:
- Always consider the health, welfare and respectful treatment of the animal;
- Take personal responsibility to uphold the good reputation and integrity of the veterinary profession;
- Strive to provide the best possible veterinary services and improve the quality of animal health and welfare at every opportunity;
- Foster and maintain good communications and relationships with your clients, earning their trust, and respecting client confidentiality;
- Understand and comply with all relevant laws and guidelines, especially those regarding animal welfare, veterinary certification and the prescribing of restricted substances;
- Foster and endeavour to strengthen relationships with your professional colleagues, utilising their skills where appropriate;
- Maintain and continue to enhance your professional knowledge and skills;
- Wherever possible, adhere to AVA policies and guidelines..
At Navado, we may be able to assist you if you are a Veterinarian or run a practice and seek advice as to your obligations and expectations. We may also assist if a complaint has been filed against you arising from your conduct.
If you or your animal has been harmed or injured in relation to Veterinarian, and believe it to have occurred as a result of noncompliance, then we would encourage you to contact us.
We invite you to contact our office and arrange an appointment to see one of our Compliance & Regulatory Law Solicitors in our Sydney office. By appointment, we can also arrange a time for you to see one of our lawyers in one of our branch offices. For a complete listing please see our "Locations" tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.