Committees are generally a group of three or more members of an Association whose main purpose is to manage the affairs of the Association. Committees are required to oversee a broad range of matters, including:
- Registration of Association members;
- Registration of Committee members;
- Manage and make suitable changes to the Associations Constitution;
- Maintaining records and details about Association members;
- Maintaining records and details about Committee members;
- Providing information about Association and Committee members to the public;
- Maintaining Financial Records and loading appropriate Financial Documents;
- Managing Minutes of Meetings; and
- Any complying with further provisions outlined in the Associations Incorporation Act.
Generally, a Committee is required to meet regularly and discuss the above-mentioned duties and raise any issues within the Charity or Not-For-Profit Organisation. The Committee is required to make decisions and resolve matters that may occur.
If you are setting up or are a member of a Charity or Not-For-Profit Organisation and require legal advice in relation to Committees, our team of Associations Lawyers can assist you with:
- the purpose of a Committee;
- the setup of a Committee;
- the duties required of the Committee;
- Individual Committee member rights;
- Individual Committee member obligations; and
- Other Committee related enquires.
We do appreciate that Committee members may not always agree on the best course of action with regard to any particular issue at hand. This may result in an Internal Dispute. Internal Disputes may be resolved internally with the use of an alternative dispute resolution method such as mediation or negotiation. If an agreement cannot be reached, the dispute may be heard in a Tribunal or Court.
If you are a Committee member and require legal advice regarding where you stand and your rights in a dispute, then it is important that you contact a Solicitor from our team of Associations Lawyers. Our Associations Lawyers can discuss with you the dispute and any concerns you have, assess the strength of your points, assist you with negotiating and if required represent you in a Tribunal or Court.
If you wish to speak with a Solicitor from our Associations Law team, we recommend you contact our Sydney CBD Head Office. To book in your first consultation, please call (02) 9233 4048 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We have branch offices located conveniently around the Sydney Metropolitan area and by appointment, a Solicitor from our team of Associations Lawyers may be able to meet you in a branch office. For a list of our branch offices, complete with addresses, see our ‘locations’ tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Charities Lawyer Sydney
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Sydney
- Charities Lawyer Parramatta
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Parramatta
- Charities Lawyer North Sydney
- Not-for-profit Lawyer North Sydney
- Charities Lawyer Hurstville
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Hurstville
- Charities Lawyer Liverpool
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Liverpool
- Charities Lawyer Gordon
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Gordon
- Charities Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Charities Lawyer Campbelltown
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Campbelltown
- Charities Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Charities Lawyer Chatswood
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Chatswood
- Charities Lawyer Miranda
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Miranda
- Charities Lawyer Bella Vista
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Bella Vista
- Charities Lawyer Erina
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Erina