A Probate Lawyer will tell you that the important difference between an enduring guardianship and power of attorney is that the enduring guardian is granted the power to make personal decisions on the donor’s behalf, whereas a power of attorney is usually limited to financial decisions only. An enduring guardian is appointed by way of appointment. Speak to one of our Probate Lawyers or Estate Solicitors if you intend to appoint an enduring guardian or are asked to be an enduring guardian.
In New South Wales, an enduring guardian will usually be granted the power to make lifestyle decisions, such as the medical care the donor is to receive, where the donor is to live and what kind of personal services the donor is to receive.
The appointment of the enduring guardian takes effect after the donor loses the capacity to make their own decisions. Just as with a power of attorney, it is a powerful legal instrument and you should consult one of our Probate Lawyers or Estates Solicitors for comprehensive legal advice if you intend to appoint an enduring guardian or are requested to act as an enduring guardian. Further to offering the ability to prepare an enduring guardianship form on your behalf, we also offer free and secure storage of wills, powers of attorney and enduring guardianships.
You may book an appointment with us by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may see us, by appointment, at our head office in Sydney CBD or at one of our branch offices located in the Sydney metropolitan area. For a complete listing please see our "Locations" tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a Wills matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Wills Lawyer Sydney
- Estate Planning Lawyer Sydney
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Sydney
- Wills Lawyer Parramatta
- Estate Planning Lawyer Parramatta
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Parramatta
- Wills Lawyer North Sydney
- Estate Planning Lawyer North Sydney
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer North Sydney
- Wills Lawyer Rockdale
- Estate Planning Lawyer Rockdale
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Rockdale
- Wills Lawyer Liverpool
- Estate Planning Lawyer Liverpool
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Liverpool
- Wills Lawyer Gordon
- Estate Planning Lawyer Gordon
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Gordon
- Wills Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Estate Planning Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Wills Lawyer Campbelltown
- Estate Planning Lawyer Campbelltown
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Campbelltown
- Wills Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Estate Planning Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Wills Lawyer Chatswood
- Estate Planning Lawyer Chatswood
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Chatswood
- Wills Lawyer Miranda
- Estate Planning Lawyer Miranda
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Miranda
- Wills Lawyer Bella Vista
- Estate Planning Lawyer Bella Vista
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Bella Vista
- Wills Lawyer Erina
- Estate Planning Lawyer Erina
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Erina