In NSW the Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) hereinafter FOI Act, was replaced with the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (NSW) hereinafter GIPA Act. The GIPA Act is similar to the FOI Act as it allows anyone the access to documents held by Federal Departments or Agencies. However, the GIPA Act differs from the FOI Act, as you can only access Information that is held on a record.
Under the GIPA Act, you may be able to access information held by Government Departments and Agencies and in some instances, may be able to gain access to information held by a private entity. However, it is wise to speak to a Government Lawyer to understand what regulations surround your ability to access information held by a private entity.
Before accessing Information, it is wise to seek the assistance of a Government Lawyer. At Navado, our team of Government Lawyers can explain to you your rights and obligations and can assist you in seeking Information under the GIPA Act.
In some instances, you may apply for Information to be provided to you and the Government Department or Agency may deny or refuse access to those requested documents. If you have been denied or refused access to Information, you can meet with one of our Government Lawyers to discuss potentially appealing the decision and the merits of same.
If you require assistant or wish to discuss your rights under the GIPA Act, contact a Solicitor from our team of Government Lawyers by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or send an email to email@example.com. Our Head Office is located in the Sydney CBD.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Administrative Lawyer Sydney
- Government Lawyer Sydney
- Administrative Lawyer Parramatta
- Government Lawyer Parramatta
- Administrative Lawyer North Sydney
- Government Lawyer North Sydney
- Administrative Lawyer Rockdale
- Government Lawyer Rockdale
- Administrative Lawyer Liverpool
- Government Lawyer Liverpool
- Administrative Lawyer Gordon
- Government Lawyer Gordon
- Administrative Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Government Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Administrative Lawyer Campbelltown
- Government Lawyer Campbelltown
- Administrative Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Government Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Administrative Lawyer Chatswood
- Government Lawyer Chatswood
- Administrative Lawyer Miranda
- Government Lawyer Miranda
- Administrative Lawyer Bella Vista
- Government Lawyer Bella Vista
- Administrative Lawyer Erina
- Government Lawyer Erina