Under Legislation, an individual may lodge an appeal to a Court, Tribunal or a Specialist Court or Tribunal to have a decision reviewed. In some circumstances, an appeal may be made on the Merits - this means the Court or Tribunal may have the powers to override the original decision with their own decision.
A Merits Review is an administrative decision that is likely to effect the interests of a person. The purpose of a Merits Review to establish whether or not the original decision was made with the use of the correct laws, based on relevant and suitable facts, amongst others. Therefore, a Merits Review requires the Court or Tribunal to analyse all evidence and materials, such as facts, the law, policies and other relevant aspects. Once the Court or Tribunal is satisfied with all documentation, the original decision may be affirmed, varied, set aside or replaced with a preferable decision.
At Navado, our team of Administrative Lawyers are able to provide you with professional legal advice in relation to any concerns regarding a Merits Review. It is important to seek professional legal advice and assistance as in some instances, there may be time limitations to appeal a decision or have a decision reviewed.
If you wish to speak with a Solicitor from our team of Administrative Lawyers, please contact our Sydney CBD Head Office by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or send an email to email@example.com. We have branch offices located conveniently around the Sydney metropolitan area. For a complete list of these branch locations, please see our ‘locations’ tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Administrative Lawyer Sydney
- Government Lawyer Sydney
- Administrative Lawyer Parramatta
- Government Lawyer Parramatta
- Administrative Lawyer North Sydney
- Government Lawyer North Sydney
- Administrative Lawyer Hurstville
- Government Lawyer Hurstville
- Administrative Lawyer Liverpool
- Government Lawyer Liverpool
- Administrative Lawyer Gordon
- Government Lawyer Gordon
- Administrative Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Government Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Administrative Lawyer Campbelltown
- Government Lawyer Campbelltown
- Administrative Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Government Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Administrative Lawyer Chatswood
- Government Lawyer Chatswood
- Administrative Lawyer Miranda
- Government Lawyer Miranda
- Administrative Lawyer Bella Vista
- Government Lawyer Bella Vista
- Administrative Lawyer Erina
- Government Lawyer Erina