Celebrating 22 years in Legal Practice
Stay connected with Navado:

Legal > Compliance & Regulatory Law

Food Permits:

Overview FAQs Articles Locations

Food Permits are required from the NSW Food Authority for various industries and businesses, such as those businesses:  

  • Handling and selling meat including processors, packers and retailers;
  • Handling and selling fish;
  • Providing food services to vulnerable persons within the community such as the elderly;
  • Transporting food products;
  • Producing plant products; and
  • Dairy farmers, factories and retailers.

This Permit must be clearly displayed at the business' premises.

For retail businesses, the Local Council may need to be notified of the business’ operations, instead of needing to apply for a Food Permit. Such businesses may include:

  • Food stalls;
  • Supermarkets;
  • Childcare centres;
  • School canteens;
  • Restaurants, cafes and take away restaurants;
  • Importers;
  • Businesses whose primary function is not the sale of food such as petrol stations.

If you are a business owner or are preparing to set up your own business which will involve the sale or handling of food, we recommend that you contact our firm on (02) 9233 4048 or send an email to info@navado.com.au and arrange an appointment to see one of our Compliance & Regulatory Law Solicitors. 

Bookmark and Share

This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.

Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.

Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.

Quick enquiry
  • Request an appointment
Stay connected
Ask an expert