The Australian Government values people who can make a positive contribution to the Australian economy. If an individual has a particular skill that will make a positive contribution to the Australian economy, that individual may apply for a General Skilled Visa, assuming all of the requirements of the Visa are able to be met. The Government has made available a number of different classes of General Skilled Visa to accommodate various circumstances. We do not process Visa Applications, as our focus is on complex migration dispute and litigation matters. The Migration Lawyers at Navado Lawyers & Solicitors can advise and assist you in migration dispute matter for a General Skilled Visa.
Eligibility criteria for a General Skilled Visa
To apply for a General Skilled Visa, you must satisfy a number of requirements including:
- Competent English Skills;
- Educational and Other Qualifications; and
- Work Experience.
Generally, you must be under the age of fifty (50) and be highly skilled in an area that will make a positive contribution to Australia. When considering a Visa dispute, our Migration Lawyers are familiar with the requirements for eligibility for a General Skilled Visa and will be able to provide quality legal advice on your individual circumstances
Examples of General Skilled Visas
Depending on your circumstances and qualifications, the type of General Skilled Visa that you will need to apply for will vary. There are a number of different General Skilled Visas.
For example, if you are already resident in Australia and want to apply for a General Skilled Visa, some examples of the type of available visas include:
- Skilled Independent (Residence) Visa – a permanent visa if you are an overseas student with an Australian qualification as a result of at least two (2) years study;
- Skilled Sponsored (Residence) Visa – a permanent visa if you currently hold a temporary visa and have skills that are in demand in Australia; and
- Skilled Regional (Residence) Visa – a permanent visa for current visa holders who have lived in Australia for two (2) years and have worked for at least one (1) year in a Specified Regional Area.
The above only represent some of the available visas. Our Migration dispute Lawyers can look at all available visa options and advise you accordingly, not only on the eligibility criteria but also the restrictions and conditions of each visa. We do not assist with the Application process, once you have made a decision and provided instructions on which way you wish to proceed, as we focus on complex migration disputes and litigation matters. We invite you to come in and speak to one of our qualified Migration Lawyers. The first consultation is free. You can meet with our lawyers in our Sydney Office or in one of our branches, as listed under the “Locations” tab above.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Migration Lawyer Sydney
- Immigration Lawyer Sydney
- Visa Lawyer Sydney
- Migration Lawyer Parramatta
- Immigration Lawyer Parramatta
- Visa Lawyer Parramatta
- Migration Lawyer North Sydney
- Immigration Lawyer North Sydney
- Visa Lawyer North Sydney
- Migration Lawyer Rockdale
- Immigration Lawyer Rockdale
- Visa Lawyer Rockdale
- Migration Lawyer Liverpool
- Immigration Lawyer Liverpool
- Visa Lawyer Liverpool
- Migration Lawyer Gordon
- Immigration Lawyer Gordon
- Visa Lawyer Gordon
- Migration Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Immigration Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Visa Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Migration Lawyer Campbelltown
- Immigration Lawyer Campbelltown
- Visa Lawyer Campbelltown
- Migration Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Immigration Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Visa Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Migration Lawyer Chatswood
- Immigration Lawyer Chatswood
- Visa Lawyer Chatswood
- Migration Lawyer Miranda
- Immigration Lawyer Miranda
- Visa Lawyer Miranda
- Migration Lawyer Bella Vista
- Immigration Lawyer Bella Vista
- Visa Lawyer Bella Vista
- Migration Lawyer Erina
- Immigration Lawyer Erina
- Visa Lawyer Erina