The Freedom of Information Act 1982 (Cth) hereinafter FOI Act, allows anyone the access to documents held by Federal Departments or Agencies. The types of documents that may be accessed include maps, drawings, plans, photographs, films, videotapes, articles, amongst others. In order to access this information, there may be several avenues, regulations, time limits, costs and/or other obligations to fulfil.
Before accessing Information, it is wise to seek the assistance of a Government Lawyer. At Navado, our team of Government Lawyers are able to assist you and provide you with the legal advice you require to obtain Information. Our Government Lawyers can explain to you your rights and obligations under the FOI Act and the processes involved and steps necessary when seeking Information under the FOI Act.
In some instances under the FOI Act, the information you require may be protected or exempt from being accessed. For example, you may apply for Information to be provided to you and the Government Department or Agency may deny or refuse access to those requested documents. If you have been denied or refused access to Information, you can meet with one of our Government Lawyers to discuss any Appeal of the Government decision and the merits of same.
If you require assistance or wish to discuss your rights under the FOI Act, we invite you to contact a Solicitor from our team of Government Lawyers by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or send an email to email@example.com. Our Head Office is located in the Sydney CBD. For a list of our further locations, please see our Locations tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Administrative Lawyer Sydney
- Government Lawyer Sydney
- Administrative Lawyer Parramatta
- Government Lawyer Parramatta
- Administrative Lawyer North Sydney
- Government Lawyer North Sydney
- Administrative Lawyer Hurstville
- Government Lawyer Hurstville
- Administrative Lawyer Liverpool
- Government Lawyer Liverpool
- Administrative Lawyer Gordon
- Government Lawyer Gordon
- Administrative Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Government Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Administrative Lawyer Campbelltown
- Government Lawyer Campbelltown
- Administrative Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Government Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Administrative Lawyer Chatswood
- Government Lawyer Chatswood
- Administrative Lawyer Miranda
- Government Lawyer Miranda
- Administrative Lawyer Bella Vista
- Government Lawyer Bella Vista
- Administrative Lawyer Erina
- Government Lawyer Erina