Celebrating 22 years in Legal Practice
Stay connected with Navado:

Legal > Migration Law & Visa Law

Temporary Visas:

Overview FAQs Articles Locations

There are multiple types of temporary or bridging visas that allow you to stay in Australia in a non-permanent basis. These visas allow you to stay for a short or long stay, work with restrictions on type of employer and length of employment and whether or not you can sponsor friends and family. Proper legal advice in from an Immigration disputes lawyer may be of great assistance these visa applications.

A Temporary Work (Skilled) visa lets a skilled worker travel to Australia to work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor for up to four years. You might be able to get this visa if you have been sponsored by an approved business you have the required skills to fill a position nominated by an approved business. The Temporary Work visa allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an approved business for up to four years. You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor someone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work. You can be in or outside Australia when you lodge your application. This visa allows you to work in Australia for up to four years, bring your family to work or study in Australia and travel in and out of Australia as often as you want.

There is also an employer sponsored temporary visa. Before you can apply for the visa, your employer must become an approved sponsor and nominate you for a position. You can apply for this visa at the same time your employer lodges their applications to sponsor and nominate you. This type of visa is subject to change and review regularly. The aspects of the program that may change are contained in what is known as a legislative instrument. You cannot apply for this visa if you already hold another visa that has a ‘No further stay’ condition. Legal advice may be necessary to understand your current visa conditions prevent you from applying for a further visa while you are in Australia.  You must have a valid passport or other travel document for this visa. If you plan to get a new passport, you should do so before applying for your visa. If you get a new passport after you have lodged your application, give the details of your new passport to one of our offices.

A Working Holiday visa allows young people to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. You might be able to get this visa if you are between 18 and 31 years of age, do not have a dependent child accompanying you at any time during your stay in Australia and have a passport from an eligible country. You will need to check if your country is part of the list of eligible countries that can apply for such a visa. It is a temporary visa that encourages cultural exchange and closer ties between Australia and eligible countries.  A First Working Holiday visa is for your first Working Holiday visa and when the visa is decided. This visa allows you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months, work in Australia for up to six months with each employer, study for up to four months, leave and re-enter Australia any number of times while the visa is valid. Second Working Holiday visa is for any subsequent visas under the same class and you must be outside Australia when the visa is granted.

A Work and Holiday visa is a slightly different visa directed towards young people who want to holiday and work in Australia for up to a year. 

There are also various other types of temporary work visas such as for Training and Research, Temporary Work in International Relations, Temporary Work in Entertainment and Temporary Work and visa. In making an application you may need the assistance of the Immigration Lawyer to advise you of these different types of visas.

We can assist you with the processes involved in disputing adverse decisions relating to visas. We do not process Visa Applications. To book, please contact (02) 9233 4048 or send an email to info@navado.com.au.

Bookmark and Share

This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.

Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.

Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.

If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:

  • Sydney

Our Locations

  • Migration Lawyer Sydney
  • Immigration Lawyer Sydney
  • Visa Lawyer Sydney
  • Migration Lawyer Parramatta
  • Immigration Lawyer Parramatta
  • Visa Lawyer Parramatta
  • Migration Lawyer North Sydney
  • Immigration Lawyer North Sydney
  • Visa Lawyer North Sydney
  • Migration Lawyer Rockdale
  • Immigration Lawyer Rockdale
  • Visa Lawyer Rockdale
  • Migration Lawyer Liverpool
  • Immigration Lawyer Liverpool
  • Visa Lawyer Liverpool
  • Migration Lawyer Gordon
  • Immigration Lawyer Gordon
  • Visa Lawyer Gordon
  • Migration Lawyer Baulkham Hills
  • Immigration Lawyer Baulkham Hills
  • Visa Lawyer Baulkham Hills
  • Migration Lawyer Campbelltown
  • Immigration Lawyer Campbelltown
  • Visa Lawyer Campbelltown
  • Migration Lawyer Bondi Junction
  • Immigration Lawyer Bondi Junction
  • Visa Lawyer Bondi Junction
  • Migration Lawyer Chatswood
  • Immigration Lawyer Chatswood
  • Visa Lawyer Chatswood
  • Migration Lawyer Miranda
  • Immigration Lawyer Miranda
  • Visa Lawyer Miranda
  • Migration Lawyer Bella Vista
  • Immigration Lawyer Bella Vista
  • Visa Lawyer Bella Vista
  • Migration Lawyer Erina
  • Immigration Lawyer Erina
  • Visa Lawyer Erina
Quick enquiry
  • Request an appointment
Stay connected
Ask an expert