We provide legal services in relation to a broad range of Asset Protection & Trusts matters including:
- Amending Trust Deeds
- Asset Protection
- Beneficiary Entitlements
- Business Failure Advice
- Constructive Trusts
- Discretionary Trusts
- Employment Benefits Trust
- Estate Proceeds Trusts
- Family Trusts
- Hybrid and Unit Trusts
- Insurance Proceeds Trust
- Liability of Directors
- Liability of Guarantors
- Loan Default Legal Advice
- Lost Trust Deed
- Marriage Breakdown
- Resulting and Implied Trusts
- Rights of Beneficiaries
- The Rule against Perpetuities
- Special Disability Trust
- Superannuation Proceeds Trust
- Testamentary Trusts
- Trading Trusts
- Trustee Powers
Why protect my assets?
Individuals and families involved in business or entrepreneurial activities are often at risk of liability. The legal discipline of asset protection is based on restricting the risk of liability that can impact and wear away individual and family assets and wealth. Our Asset Protection Lawyers focus on delivering and implementing strategic asset protection solutions to minimise the effect of potential claims arising due to contingencies such as:
- business and investment failure;
- loan call-ins and default;
- bankruptcy and insolvency;
- the breakdown of a marriage or relationship;
- an individual’s position as a director or guarantor of a company; and
- general business and practice risks.
Trusts are often used as an asset protection vehicle. Generally speaking, a trust is a relationship where a party, known as the trustee, holds property for the benefit of another party, the beneficiary. Trusts are complex legal creatures which have the fundamental characteristic of creating a separation of the ownership of the legal and the beneficial (or equitable) interests in the property. Accordingly, the assets of a discretionary trust may be afforded some protection, in so far as the beneficiaries have no specific fixed legal entitlement to them, unless so decided by the trustee (which decision the trustee may or may not make, in their absolute discretion).
To properly take advantage of a trust, it is necessary to obtain sound legal and tax advice to ensure that the trust is, amongst other things, compliant. Our Trust Lawyers are highly experienced in establishing and maintaining trust structures.
Contact our office to speak to a Trust Lawyer or Asset Protection Solicitor. We have branch offices conveniently positioned across the Sydney metropolitan area. For a full list of our office locations, with complete addresses, click on our "Locations" tab above or contact our main office line on (02) 9233 4048.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Trusts Lawyer Sydney
- Asset Protection Lawyer Sydney
- Trusts Lawyer Parramatta
- Asset Protection Lawyer Parramatta
- Trusts Lawyer North Sydney
- Asset Protection Lawyer North Sydney
- Trusts Lawyer Rockdale
- Asset Protection Lawyer Rockdale
- Trusts Lawyer Liverpool
- Asset Protection Lawyer Liverpool
- Trusts Lawyer Gordon
- Asset Protection Lawyer Gordon
- Trusts Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Asset Protection Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Trusts Lawyer Campbelltown
- Asset Protection Lawyer Campbelltown
- Trusts Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Asset Protection Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Trusts Lawyer Chatswood
- Asset Protection Lawyer Chatswood
- Trusts Lawyer Miranda
- Asset Protection Lawyer Miranda
- Trusts Lawyer Bella Vista
- Asset Protection Lawyer Bella Vista
- Trusts Lawyer Erina
- Asset Protection Lawyer Erina