Our Consumer Lawyers are well versed and experienced in providing strategic consumer and marketing compliance advice. The experiences gained from acting in complex consumer disputes have allowed our Consumer Lawyers the insight required to provide quality and comprehensive legal assistance.
In relation to any motor vehicle claims, the leading legislation is often the Motor Dealers and Repairers Act 2013 and the Motor Dealers and Repairers Regulation 2014 which may provide protection in relation to licencing of dealers and repairers, and may cover generally:
- Disclosure requirements for motor dealers and repairers;
- Recordkeeping requirements for licensed motor dealers and repairers, including the content of prescribed forms;
- Classes of repair work under the Act.
Further you may have grounds for a claim in relation to the Australian Consumer Law. The Australian Consumer Law (ACL), which is set out in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 protects consumers against:
- Unconscionable conduct which is, amongst other things, an abuse of superior bargaining power in dealings;
- Unfair contract terms in standard form contracts;
- Misleading or deceptive conduct;
- False representations; and
- Other unfair practices such as pyramid selling.
If you have a dispute with a motor dealer or repairer about the vehicle supplied, we recommend that you contact our office and arrange an appointment to see one of our Motor Dealer Claims and Disputes Solicitors in our Sydney office. By appointment, we can also arrange a time for you to see one of our lawyers at a branch office. For a complete listing please see our "Locations" tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.