Under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (NSW) a “development” is defined as the use or subdivision of land, the construction or demolition of a building, or the carrying out of any work on the land.
Development Approval, hereinafter DA, is required before construction, demolition or any other work can be carried out on land. Generally, there are a range of categories, such as, small residential, small commercial, tree removal, small bars, and food and drink premises, amongst others. There may be specific DA forms to complete and submit depending on the proposed development and the location of said development.
Before submitting a DA, there may be various matters to investigate, including but not limited to, whether development is permissible in the proposed location and whether the DA is actually required at all for your proposed development.
If you are thinking about developing a property, it is important to meet with a Property Lawyer to discuss your proposed plans prior to carrying out any works on the said property. At Navado, our team of Property Lawyers can provide you with legal advice, including your rights as a developer, the legislation you may need to comply with, determining the appropriate DA to apply for and various other requirement of the Development process.
Furthermore, if you have a proposed plan and need DA Advice or assistance with preparing your DA, our team of Property Lawyers can guide you through the process and ensure you have completed all the relevant requirements in order to be eligible for DA consideration.
If you wish to speak with one of our Sydney Property Lawyers regarding your Development Application, please contact our Sydney CBD Head Office by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a complete list of our office branch locations, please see our ‘locations’ tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Property Development Lawyer Sydney
- Strata Law Lawyer Sydney
- Property Development Lawyer Parramatta
- Strata Law Lawyer Parramatta
- Property Development Lawyer North Sydney
- Strata Law Lawyer North Sydney
- Property Development Lawyer Hurstville
- Strata Law Lawyer Hurstville
- Property Development Lawyer Liverpool
- Strata Law Lawyer Liverpool
- Property Development Lawyer Gordon
- Strata Law Lawyer Gordon
- Property Development Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Strata Law Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Property Development Lawyer Campbelltown
- Strata Law Lawyer Campbelltown
- Property Development Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Strata Law Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Property Development Lawyer Chatswood
- Strata Law Lawyer Chatswood
- Property Development Lawyer Miranda
- Strata Law Lawyer Miranda
- Property Development Lawyer Bella Vista
- Strata Law Lawyer Bella Vista
- Property Development Lawyer Erina
- Strata Law Lawyer Erina