A Charity may be considered a business that carries out a Charitable Purpose. Like a business, Charities must be structured to ensure compliance with the relevant rules and regulations.
Generally, a Charitable Purpose may fall under four categories:
- The advancement of Education;
- The advancement of Religion;
- The relief of Financial Hardship; and
- Other Charitable Purposes to benefit the Community.
Charities may be complex and difficult to understand as there may be several rules and regulations that govern the set-up of a Charity, how to conduct business and management of the Charity, Contracts, Advertisement of the Charity and Registration of the Charity, amongst others.
At Navado, our team of Charities Lawyers have advised and assisted many clients with the set-up, registration and management of Charities. If you are looking to set up a Charity, it is important to speak with a Charities Lawyer to ensure that you understand the requirements that must be fulfilled when managing a Charity.
Furthermore, if you work for a Charity, volunteer for a Charity or you are a member of the community and you have had a dispute or are concerned about an existing Charity, including but not limited to the charitable purpose, employment contracts, volunteer contracts, the set up of a Charity or the Charity’s compliance with Legislation, we can assist you.
If you wish to speak with a Solicitor from our team of Charity Lawyers, please contact our Sydney CBD Head Office by Telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or send an email to email@example.com. For a complete list of our Sydney office branch locations, please see our ‘locations’ tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Charities Lawyer Sydney
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Sydney
- Charities Lawyer Parramatta
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Parramatta
- Charities Lawyer North Sydney
- Not-for-profit Lawyer North Sydney
- Charities Lawyer Rockdale
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Rockdale
- Charities Lawyer Liverpool
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Liverpool
- Charities Lawyer Gordon
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Gordon
- Charities Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Charities Lawyer Campbelltown
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Campbelltown
- Charities Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Charities Lawyer Chatswood
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Chatswood
- Charities Lawyer Miranda
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Miranda
- Charities Lawyer Bella Vista
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Bella Vista
- Charities Lawyer Erina
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Erina