The Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission has defined a Not-for-Profit Organisation as one that does not operate for the profit, personal gain or other benefit of particular people. If you are a member of a Not-for-Profit organisation and you have been involved in a dispute, whether internally or externally, we can help. These disputes can occur between any of the following parties, noting that this list is not intended to be exclusive;
- Staff and Directors;
- Different Not-For-Profit Organisations;
- A person(s) and Not-For-Profit Organisation;
- Landlord and Organisation Directors;
- Client and Organisation Directors; and
- Other persons or associations and your Not-For-Profit Organisation.
At Navado, our clients benefit from the large knowledge-base available between our different teams of lawyers. We do understand that there are cases which require a practical knowledge of different jurisdictions and/or different areas of the law. At Navado, we ensure that the benefits derived from our inter-team discussions are synergetic and are completed in a time-effective and cost-efficient manner, in the best interests of all of our clients. We note that we are able to assist you with the following range of disputes:
- Approval or Cancelation of Memberships;
- Discipline of Staff Members;
- Employment Contracts;
- Dismissal of Staff or Directors;
- Marketing or Promoting;
- How the Organisations funds are used;
- Intellectual Property Disputes (similar slogans, colours, style, other);
- Joint Venture Disputes (issues in relation to events or other ventures where two or more Not-For-Profit Organisations work together);
- Similar Concept or Objective Disputes;
- Former Directors or Staff members creating a new Not-For-Profit Organisation with use of or similar concepts, aims, objectives and other business structures;
- Lease Disputes;
- Defamation; or
- Any further dispute that may arose.
If you are a Director of a Not-For-Profit Organisation and you require legal advice and surrounding a dispute, our Not-For-Profit Lawyers and Dispute Lawyers can assist you. It is always recommended that you first attempt to mediate any dispute before commencing costly court proceedings. Our team of Dispute lawyers have experience handling negotiations and can guide you through the process of resolving same, therein outlining where you stand including your rights and obligations.
Furthermore, should your dispute remain unresolved following negotiation or meditation, our team of Litigation Lawyers are on-hand to appear and represent you in Court.
If you wish to speak with one of our Not-For-Profit Lawyers, Dispute Lawyers or Litigation Lawyers, we invite you to contact our Sydney CBD Head Office by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For a complete list of our office locations, see our ‘locations’ tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Charities Lawyer Sydney
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Sydney
- Charities Lawyer Parramatta
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Parramatta
- Charities Lawyer North Sydney
- Not-for-profit Lawyer North Sydney
- Charities Lawyer Rockdale
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Rockdale
- Charities Lawyer Liverpool
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Liverpool
- Charities Lawyer Gordon
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Gordon
- Charities Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Charities Lawyer Campbelltown
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Campbelltown
- Charities Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Charities Lawyer Chatswood
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Chatswood
- Charities Lawyer Miranda
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Miranda
- Charities Lawyer Bella Vista
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Bella Vista
- Charities Lawyer Erina
- Not-for-profit Lawyer Erina