Provisions of the Mental Health Act (Section 4) state that Mental illness is a condition that seriously impairs, temporarily or permanently, the mental functioning of a person. A person that suffers from a Mental Illness or Mental Disorder may be required to seek assistance from several professionals on a regular basis. In NSW, there are several rules and regulations that govern how an individual suffering from Mental Illness or a Mental Disorder should be cared, treated and protected as well as providing for the requisite standard of the facilities in which they are to be treated in.
In some instances, a person who suffer from Mental Illness or Mental Disorder and/or their carers, family and other associates may believe that the rights, treatment and care of the Mentally Ill or Mentally Disordered individual are not to the standard of the Mental Health Act.
At Navado, we understand the sensitivity of any issues that may arise in the area of Mental Health Law. Our team of Mental Health Lawyers are able to discuss and assist you in a confidential environment with the following:
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) Complaints;
- Breach of Duty of Care;
- Discharge Applications;
- Doctor Complaints;
- Doctor Negligence;
- Hospital Complaints;
- Hospital Negligence;
- Involuntary Admission;
- Medical Disciplinary Proceedings;
- Medical Dosage Complaints;
- Medical Treatment;
- National Health Practitioner Ombudsman;
- Nurse Complaints;
- Nurse Negligence;
- Privacy Information Issues;
- Privacy and Consent;
- Psychologist Complaints;
- Psychologist Negligence;
- Psychiatrist Complaints;
- Psychiatrist Negligence;
- Rehabilitation Counsellor Complaints;
- Rehabilitation Counsellor Negligence;
- Section 32 Defence;
- Section 33 Defence;
- Voluntary Admission; and
- Any other issues that you may have under Mental Health Law.
We appreciate that each individual’s circumstances may be different, but in our experience, cases that originate as Mental Health law matters quite often have ancillary considerations that fall under separate heads of the law. Our clients therefore benefit from the team-based structure at Navado, whereby Mental Health Lawyers are able to work closely with our Negligence Lawyers and Criminal Lawyers to draw on their library of knowledge when assisting you with your matter. At Navado, our Mental Health Lawyers can team up with Senior Solicitors and Barristers to assist you in the Mental Health Tribunal.
If you require assistance under Mental Health Law and would like to speak to a Solicitor within our team of Mental Health Lawyers, please contact our Sydney CBD Head Office by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or send an email to email@example.com. For a complete list of our branch locations, please peruse our ‘locations’ tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Mental health Lawyer Sydney
- Medical law Lawyer Sydney
- Mental health Lawyer Parramatta
- Medical law Lawyer Parramatta
- Mental health Lawyer North Sydney
- Medical law Lawyer North Sydney
- Mental health Lawyer Rockdale
- Medical law Lawyer Rockdale
- Mental health Lawyer Liverpool
- Medical law Lawyer Liverpool
- Mental health Lawyer Gordon
- Medical law Lawyer Gordon
- Mental health Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Medical law Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Mental health Lawyer Campbelltown
- Medical law Lawyer Campbelltown
- Mental health Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Medical law Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Mental health Lawyer Chatswood
- Medical law Lawyer Chatswood
- Mental health Lawyer Miranda
- Medical law Lawyer Miranda
- Mental health Lawyer Bella Vista
- Medical law Lawyer Bella Vista
- Mental health Lawyer Erina
- Medical law Lawyer Erina