In broad terms, each owner of a lot in a Strata Building or Strata Structure forms part of the Owners Corporation. The purpose of the Owners Corporation is to maintain and repair common property, insure the Strata Building, administer strata by-laws and account for the Strata scheme, amongst various other responsibilities.
Strata Buildings can open a platform for the possibility of a multitude of disputes or issues to arise. Generally, this is caused by a diverse group of people living or working closely together. However, in some instances, a tenant or tenants may disagree with the actions of the Owners Corporation. In our experience, some of the more common types of disputes including keeping pets, damage to lot or damage to common property, excessive noise, Strata Levy issues, by-law disputes, payment of rent and contractual issues.
Usually (but not always), disputes between tenants and the Owners Corporation are resolved through alternative dispute resolution methods, such as negotiation or mediation. However, if an agreement cannot be reached, the dispute may be heard in a Tribunal or Court and a determination may be ordered.
If you have a dispute with your Owners Corporation, we recommend that you speak with a Strata Lawyer to discuss the potential avenues available to you, if any. At Navado, our team of Strata Lawyers can discuss with you any issues or concerns you may have and provide you with legal advice and assist you in determining your next steps.
Our team of Strata Lawyers have experience with dealing with a wide range of Strata Law Disputes and aim to use that experience to assist you with resolving your dispute with the Owners Corporation. Our team of Strata lawyers can guide you through making applications and negotiations through to representing you in a Tribunal or Court.
If you have an Owners Corporation Dispute, it is recommended that you speak with one of our Strata Lawyers. To arrange your first free consultation, please contact our Sydney CBD Head Office by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or send us an email at email@example.com. For a complete list of our office branch locations, please see our ‘locations’ tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Property Development Lawyer Sydney
- Strata Law Lawyer Sydney
- Property Development Lawyer Parramatta
- Strata Law Lawyer Parramatta
- Property Development Lawyer North Sydney
- Strata Law Lawyer North Sydney
- Property Development Lawyer Rockdale
- Strata Law Lawyer Rockdale
- Property Development Lawyer Liverpool
- Strata Law Lawyer Liverpool
- Property Development Lawyer Gordon
- Strata Law Lawyer Gordon
- Property Development Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Strata Law Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Property Development Lawyer Campbelltown
- Strata Law Lawyer Campbelltown
- Property Development Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Strata Law Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Property Development Lawyer Chatswood
- Strata Law Lawyer Chatswood
- Property Development Lawyer Miranda
- Strata Law Lawyer Miranda
- Property Development Lawyer Bella Vista
- Strata Law Lawyer Bella Vista
- Property Development Lawyer Erina
- Strata Law Lawyer Erina