To gain a permanent visa in Australia, there are a number of options. Our Migration dispute Lawyers are highly familiar with the requirements and conditions associated with permanent visas and can provide you with the appropriate advice.
Skilled Permanent Visas
If you on a Skilled Migration Visa, you may be eligible to apply for a permanent visa provided:
- You have lived and worked for a minimum of two years in a Specified Regional Area in Australia; or
- You have been sponsored under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme.
A Specified Regional Area restricts the place in which you have to live and work in order to acquire a permanent visa. In some cases, a Specified Regional Area will mean a place which has a low density population.
Partner Permanent Visas
You may want to sponsor your partner so they may come and live with you in Australia. In order to obtain a permanent visa for your partner, you will need to lodge an application for both a temporary and permanent visa at the same time. If you are found to meet the relevant criteria and are approved for a visa, you will be granted a temporary Partner Visa until a decision is made on your permanent visa.
It may be possible to be granted a permanent visa immediately if one of the following apply:
- At the time of the application for the visa, you have been in a marriage or de facto relationship for three (3) or more years; or
- At the time of the application for the visa, you have been in a marriage or de facto relationship for two (2) or more year and have a dependent child as a result of your relationship; or
- Your partner was granted a Protection Visa and you were in a relationship with your partner prior to the grant of the visa and this was known to the Department of Immigration.
Our Migration Lawyers are able to assist you with a range of disputes and Litigation matters relating to Permanent Visa matters. We do not process Visa Applications. By assessing your situation, our Migration Solicitors will be able to determine your eligibility and advise you accordingly.
If you are intending to sponsor your partner, you should note that in order to be eligible, you must be one of the following:
- An Australian citizen; or
- An Australian permanent resident; or
- An eligible New Zealand citizen.
If you require legal advice or assistance with a dispute or litigation matter relating to Permanent Visas, you should make an appointment to speak to one of our qualified Migration Lawyers today. They will look at your situation and advise you on the appropriate way forward. Book your first free consultation today. Our lawyers can usually see you in our Sydney Head office or in one of our branch offices. For details, refer to the “Locations” tab at the top of the page.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Migration Lawyer Sydney
- Immigration Lawyer Sydney
- Visa Lawyer Sydney
- Migration Lawyer Parramatta
- Immigration Lawyer Parramatta
- Visa Lawyer Parramatta
- Migration Lawyer North Sydney
- Immigration Lawyer North Sydney
- Visa Lawyer North Sydney
- Migration Lawyer Rockdale
- Immigration Lawyer Rockdale
- Visa Lawyer Rockdale
- Migration Lawyer Liverpool
- Immigration Lawyer Liverpool
- Visa Lawyer Liverpool
- Migration Lawyer Gordon
- Immigration Lawyer Gordon
- Visa Lawyer Gordon
- Migration Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Immigration Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Visa Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Migration Lawyer Campbelltown
- Immigration Lawyer Campbelltown
- Visa Lawyer Campbelltown
- Migration Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Immigration Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Visa Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Migration Lawyer Chatswood
- Immigration Lawyer Chatswood
- Visa Lawyer Chatswood
- Migration Lawyer Miranda
- Immigration Lawyer Miranda
- Visa Lawyer Miranda
- Migration Lawyer Bella Vista
- Immigration Lawyer Bella Vista
- Visa Lawyer Bella Vista
- Migration Lawyer Erina
- Immigration Lawyer Erina
- Visa Lawyer Erina