By focusing on quality and volume, our Conveyancing Lawyers & Conveyancing Solicitors can afford to offer Business Conveyancing services at a competitive rate.
We charge a fixed fee of $ 2,750.00 (including GST) plus disbursements for a standard Business Purchase, which covers the entire standard process including:
- reviewing and providing written advice on the Contract for the Sale of Business
- negotiating directly with the Vendor or the Vendor’s Solicitors in relation to amendments to the Contract for Sale of Business and amendments to the Special Conditions in the Contract for Sale of Business
- attending to exchange of Contracts (our own employed staff usually attend to Exchange of Contracts – we do not usually engage external Agents to attend Exchanges of Contracts. It is our strong preference that a person from our office, familiar with your matter, attends upon the Exchange of Contracts, as opposed to an external agent who receives delegated authority to attend upon Exchange of Contracts)
- arranging the payment of stamp duty, including assisting with any exemption or concession applications
- preparing settlement figures and ensuring proper adjustments are made in relation to Rental Adjustments and any Outgoings payable by the Tenant, including Council Water rates and Strata levies
- liaising with your financier (if any) in relation to settlement
- attending to settlement (our own employed staff usually attend Settlements – we do not usually engage external Agents to attend Settlements. It is our strong preference that a person from our office, familiar with your matter, attends settlement, as opposed to an external agent who receives delegated authority to finalise the settlement)
Standard Business Conveyance (purchase or sale)
A Standard Business Conveyance (purchase or sale) means:
- the Business is being sold pursuant to the Standard Law Society of New South Wales and Real Estate Institute of New South Wales Contract for the Sale of Business (and any special conditions seeking to amend same); and
- the transaction is not a non-standard Business Conveyance (see below); and
- but excludes the cost of any advice on a new Standard Commercial Lease and/or new Standard Retail Lease or any Deed or Agreement whereby any existing Standard Commercial Lease or Standard Retail Lease is assigned to the Purchaser (in respect of which the additional cost will be $ 1,650.00 plus Disbursements – refer to the sections under this website named “Commercial Lease – Acting for Tenant” and the “Retail Lease – Acting for Tenant”).
Non-standard Business Conveyance (purchase or sale)
Non-standard means a Business conveyance involving any sale or purchase of a business:-
- which is not being sold pursuant to the Standard Law Society of New South Wales and Real Estate Institute of New South Wales Contract for the Sale of Business (and any special conditions seeking to amend same), but rather is being sold pursuant to a custom-drafted or transaction-specific drafted document
- that contains Equipment or Intellectual Property that is or are subject to PPSR interests and where additional advice needs to be given in this regard
- that contains a Restraint of Trade or Key Person Contract, pursuant to which the Purchaser is seeking to restrain the Vendor or a Key Person from engaging in certain conduct; or
- that is in any way connected with a Franchise, License Agreement or other agreement pursuant to which the business is licensed the right to use a brand name or trademark (such as, for example, the sale of a business connected with a franchise agreement or license agreement)
- where either party is proposing to sign any documents in relation to the Purchase or Sale of Business by way of power of attorney or other instrument; or
- involving the executor or trustee of a will or personal legal representative; or
- requiring the lodgement of a transmission application; or
- involving complicated taxation legal advice specific to the Purchaser’s or the Vendor’s subjective circumstances; or
- that is a complicated conveyance as determined by us in our sole discretion.
What fees do you charge for a non-standard Purchase of Business ?
We are always happy to act for clients in relation to non-standard Business purchases. We will usually be able to offer you a fixed-fee quote in relation to non-standard Business purchases. In order to obtain a fixed-fee quote in relation to Business Purchase Conveyancing services, please contact our office and discuss the matter with a member of our Conveyancing team.
What are disbursements?
Disbursements are the expenses that are incurred by us in the course of the matter. In a standard Purchase of Business, disbursements normally include, amongst other things, payments made to third parties, for documents or services such as title searches, Company Searches and PPSR searches. In most cases, the disbursements incurred by us in a standard Business purchase do not exceed $200. We do not charge for postage, emails or for photocopying and printing.
At Navado, Lawyers handle your Business Conveyancing matter
We have an experienced team of Conveyancing Solicitors dedicated to Business Conveyancing. Our Conveyancing Lawyers encompass the knowledge and understanding of the law that goes beyond the spectrum of basic Conveyancing. Our Conveyancing Solicitors are able to identify and/or address further collateral issues which may arise as a result of the purchase of a business. Such things may involve taxation law, the law on trusts and power of attorney, family law and wills and probate.
We do not treat Conveyancing as a simple transaction, isolated from all other areas of the law. Our Conveyancing Lawyers review and consider each and every Contract that comes before us as a legal ‘Contract’.
In addition, our Business Conveyancing Solicitors can work closely with our associated Mortgage Brokers, Financial Planners and Public Accountants, ensuring that you have full and convenient access to further financial services where so required.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you are buying or selling a property and require Conveyancing services, you should make an appointment to see one of our Conveyancing Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Conveyancing Lawyer Sydney
- Conveyancer Sydney
- Conveyancing Solicitor Sydney
- Property Lawyer Sydney
- Property Solicitor Sydney
- Conveyancing Lawyer Parramatta
- Conveyancer Parramatta
- Conveyancing Solicitor Parramatta
- Property Lawyer Parramatta
- Property Solicitor Parramatta
- Conveyancing Lawyer North Sydney
- Conveyancer North Sydney
- Conveyancing Solicitor North Sydney
- Property Lawyer North Sydney
- Property Solicitor North Sydney
- Conveyancing Lawyer Hurstville
- Conveyancer Hurstville
- Conveyancing Solicitor Hurstville
- Property Lawyer Hurstville
- Property Solicitor Hurstville
- Conveyancing Lawyer Liverpool
- Conveyancer Liverpool
- Conveyancing Solicitor Liverpool
- Property Lawyer Liverpool
- Property Solicitor Liverpool
- Conveyancing Lawyer Gordon
- Conveyancer Gordon
- Conveyancing Solicitor Gordon
- Property Lawyer Gordon
- Property Solicitor Gordon
- Conveyancing Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Conveyancer Baulkham Hills
- Conveyancing Solicitor Baulkham Hills
- Property Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Property Solicitor Baulkham Hills
- Conveyancing Lawyer Campbelltown
- Conveyancer Campbelltown
- Conveyancing Solicitor Campbelltown
- Property Lawyer Campbelltown
- Property Solicitor Campbelltown
- Conveyancing Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Conveyancer Bondi Junction
- Conveyancing Solicitor Bondi Junction
- Property Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Property Solicitor Bondi Junction
- Conveyancing Lawyer Chatswood
- Conveyancer Chatswood
- Conveyancing Solicitor Chatswood
- Property Lawyer Chatswood
- Property Solicitor Chatswood
- Conveyancing Lawyer Miranda
- Conveyancer Miranda
- Conveyancing Solicitor Miranda
- Property Lawyer Miranda
- Property Solicitor Miranda
- Conveyancing Lawyer Bella Vista
- Conveyancer Bella Vista
- Conveyancing Solicitor Bella Vista
- Property Lawyer Bella Vista
- Property Solicitor Bella Vista
- Conveyancing Lawyer Erina
- Conveyancer Erina
- Conveyancing Solicitor Erina
- Property Lawyer Erina
- Property Solicitor Erina