Occasionally, disputes can arise in an association. The dispute may be between some of the association’s members, between the members and the association’s management committee, or internally amongst the management committee themselves. Generally, the administration (and therefore the management) of disputes of an association is the responsibility of the management committee of the association. The Associations Incorporation Act, together with the Association’s Constitution, generally, we will guide the committee in how to resolves disputes. There will also often be a body of law that may be relevant to be considered or applied, depending on the nature of the dispute.
Usually, the initial step should be to try and directly resolve the dispute between the parties through negotiation. Alternatively, dispute resolution procedures can be used to help resolve the dispute without the need for an associations lawyer to become involved.
Where the dispute cannot be resolved through the parties undergoing negotiations, or through dispute resolution procedures, you may need to seek independent legal advice from one of our experienced associations lawyers.
We can provide you with legal advice for your association to help minimize the effect of any disputes that may arise. We can also provide you with legal advice in other areas including property, leasing, business contract and sponsorship where needed.
If you would like to speak with one of our association lawyers, you can contact our head office in the Sydney CBD by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or email us at email@example.com to arrange a free initial consultation. One of our experienced association lawyers will be able to discuss your matter with you and advise you on how you can proceed. Where it is convenient, we are able to meet with you in one of our branch office located through the Sydney. Please peruse our "Locations" tab for a complete list of our branch offices.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Associations Lawyer Sydney
- Sports Lawyer Sydney
- Charities Lawyer Sydney
- Associations Lawyer Parramatta
- Sports Lawyer Parramatta
- Charities Lawyer Parramatta
- Associations Lawyer North Sydney
- Sports Lawyer North Sydney
- Charities Lawyer North Sydney
- Associations Lawyer Hurstville
- Sports Lawyer Hurstville
- Charities Lawyer Hurstville
- Associations Lawyer Liverpool
- Sports Lawyer Liverpool
- Charities Lawyer Liverpool
- Associations Lawyer Gordon
- Sports Lawyer Gordon
- Charities Lawyer Gordon
- Associations Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Sports Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Charities Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Associations Lawyer Campbelltown
- Sports Lawyer Campbelltown
- Charities Lawyer Campbelltown
- Associations Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Sports Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Charities Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Associations Lawyer Chatswood
- Sports Lawyer Chatswood
- Charities Lawyer Chatswood
- Associations Lawyer Miranda
- Sports Lawyer Miranda
- Charities Lawyer Miranda
- Associations Lawyer Bella Vista
- Sports Lawyer Bella Vista
- Charities Lawyer Bella Vista
- Associations Lawyer Erina
- Sports Lawyer Erina
- Charities Lawyer Erina