Special considerations exist and certain laws govern the rights of elderly people (known as elder law). Elder law pertains to a number of things, including the delegation of decision-making capacity, medical treatment, financial disputes and aged care. Our Elder Lawyers are familiar with the progressively more significant practice of elder law. Our experienced Elder Lawyers offer quality, comprehensive and considerate advice.
If you are considering entering a retirement village or a nursing home, hostel or home-care agreement, it pays to have a lawyer review the contract and advise you on your rights and obligations as there are both benefits and disadvantages to these agreements. Unfortunately, there have also been a number of unscrupulous individuals in the past who have taken advantage of the elderly through the agreement.
Our Elder Lawyers can also advise you on other issues that arise with age such as discrimination claims, powers of attorney, guardianship appointments and disputes regarding your capacity to sign documents and make decisions and challenging Wills, where the cause arises.
Powers of Attorney & Enduring Guardianships
With respect to powers of attorney (which concern who may control your financial and real estate assets in the case of certain events) and forms of enduring guardianship (which concern who may control your health, lifestyle and welfare conditions in the case of certain events), it is wise to consider your options for appointment earlier rather than later, as issues such as mental capacity may arise and invalidate the documents. Who you choose is also important as they must be trustworthy and someone you know has the ability to, and will, look after your interests. Click the respective links for more information on Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianships.
With respect to Wills, elderly people will often have to consider more issues and matters than do single people or young families, as there are often grandchildren and great grandchildren that you may want to consider as well as any relatives that are at risk (due for instance to drugs, alcohol or mental incapacity or disabled). Our Elder Solicitors can advise on special purpose Wills and special purpose Trusts that can offer protection and tax advantages to those people to ensure that your estate will be managed with the intent you have in mind. You may wish to speak to a special purpose Wills or a special purpose Trust Solicitor, today. For more information on Wills, click here.
You may book an appointment with us by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may see us, by appointment, at our head office in Sydney CBD or at one of our branch offices located in the Sydney metropolitan area. For a complete listing, please click on our "Locations" tab above.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a Wills matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Wills Lawyer Sydney
- Estate Planning Lawyer Sydney
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Sydney
- Wills Lawyer Parramatta
- Estate Planning Lawyer Parramatta
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Parramatta
- Wills Lawyer North Sydney
- Estate Planning Lawyer North Sydney
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer North Sydney
- Wills Lawyer Rockdale
- Estate Planning Lawyer Rockdale
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Rockdale
- Wills Lawyer Liverpool
- Estate Planning Lawyer Liverpool
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Liverpool
- Wills Lawyer Gordon
- Estate Planning Lawyer Gordon
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Gordon
- Wills Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Estate Planning Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Wills Lawyer Campbelltown
- Estate Planning Lawyer Campbelltown
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Campbelltown
- Wills Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Estate Planning Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Wills Lawyer Chatswood
- Estate Planning Lawyer Chatswood
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Chatswood
- Wills Lawyer Miranda
- Estate Planning Lawyer Miranda
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Miranda
- Wills Lawyer Bella Vista
- Estate Planning Lawyer Bella Vista
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Bella Vista
- Wills Lawyer Erina
- Estate Planning Lawyer Erina
- Disputed Guardianship Lawyer Erina