We understand how emotionally challenging and stressful the breakdown of a relationship can be, especially when young and adolescent children are involved or when there are assets and liabilities and property that need to distributed and divided. Legal costs associated with obtaining professional legal advice often add a further burden on an already complicated situation.
We focus on providing cost effective Family & Relationships Legal advice by offering three types of costing:
Fixed fee – We try to offer as much of our services at a fixed fee. At your initial conference, your Family & Relationships Lawyer will discuss with you your matter in some detail, take instructions from you and consider any relevant documentation. After obtaining an understanding of your circumstances, the services you require and the amount of work that is likely to be involved, your Lawyer will provide you with a fixed fee that we intend to charge for our services. The advantage of fixed fees is the commercial certainty that it provides our clients, which aids them in their budgeting. Transparency is just as important to us as it is to our clients.
Hourly Rate - In matters where it is more difficult to predict precisely what the total legal fees will be, we will charge on an hourly rate basis of $ 300.00 plus GST for a solicitor’s time, but we will provide a written quote, up-front, that sets out an estimate of the total legal fees that we might charge in your legal matter. Where we are charging on an hourly rate basis, we have a policy of having each task performed by the least expensive person with the requisite experience and where appropriate - this ensures cost effectiveness for our clients. We recognise that the most prevalent problem with charging at hourly rates is a lack of transparency. That is why we ensure that our clients are provided with an estimate of costs, up-front, in writing, prior to commencing the work. We also give our clients the opportunity to question and negotiate our costs.
Staged billing – Staged billing is a milestone-based costing regime that sets a certain fee payable for each stage of the process. Similar to fixed fees, staged billing is a transparent costing system where you will know exactly what you are paying and how much you will be paying, at each stage of your matter. We do our best to dissect the matter into stages. In our discretion, we offer staged billing in some complicated and protracted matters.
By having three different types of Fee Structures, our clients rest assured knowing that they will not be hit with an unexpected invoice at the conclusion of their matter. It is important to us that our clients understand how we charge.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a Family matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Family Lawyer Sydney
- De Facto Lawyer Sydney
- Relationships Lawyer Sydney
- Divorce Lawyer Sydney
- Family Lawyer Parramatta
- De Facto Lawyer Parramatta
- Relationships Lawyer Parramatta
- Divorce Lawyer Parramatta
- Family Lawyer North Sydney
- De Facto Lawyer North Sydney
- Relationships Lawyer North Sydney
- Divorce Lawyer North Sydney
- Family Lawyer Hurstville
- De Facto Lawyer Hurstville
- Relationships Lawyer Hurstville
- Divorce Lawyer Hurstville
- Family Lawyer Liverpool
- De Facto Lawyer Liverpool
- Relationships Lawyer Liverpool
- Divorce Lawyer Liverpool
- Family Lawyer Gordon
- De Facto Lawyer Gordon
- Relationships Lawyer Gordon
- Divorce Lawyer Gordon
- Family Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- De Facto Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Relationships Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Divorce Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Family Lawyer Campbelltown
- De Facto Lawyer Campbelltown
- Relationships Lawyer Campbelltown
- Divorce Lawyer Campbelltown
- Family Lawyer Bondi Junction
- De Facto Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Relationships Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Divorce Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Family Lawyer Chatswood
- De Facto Lawyer Chatswood
- Relationships Lawyer Chatswood
- Divorce Lawyer Chatswood
- Family Lawyer Miranda
- De Facto Lawyer Miranda
- Relationships Lawyer Miranda
- Divorce Lawyer Miranda
- Family Lawyer Bella Vista
- De Facto Lawyer Bella Vista
- Relationships Lawyer Bella Vista
- Divorce Lawyer Bella Vista
- Family Lawyer Erina
- De Facto Lawyer Erina
- Relationships Lawyer Erina
- Divorce Lawyer Erina