A Child Recovery Order is defined in the Family Law Act. In essence, it is an order of the Court that can require a child be returned to a parent of the child person who has a parenting order that states the child lives with, spends time with or communicates with that person; or a person who has parental responsibility for the child. A Recovery Order can will usually authorise or direct a person or persons, such as Police Officers, to take all appropriate action required to find, recover and deliver a child or children to one of the people listed above. In addition, a Recovery Order can provide directions about the day-to-day care of a child or children until the child is or children are returned or delivered.
Recovery Orders can also be so wide as to prohibit the defaulting person from again removing or taking possession of the child or children and will usually, in these cases, be wide enough to authorise the arrest (without warrant) of the defaulting person if he or she again removes or takes possession of the child or children. You can apply for a recovery order if you are a person who the child lives with, spends time with or communicates with as stated in a parenting order; or a person who has parental responsibility for the child in a parenting order; or grandparent of the child, or person concerned with the care, welfare and development of the child.
Our firm of experienced Family Lawyers is experienced in assisting clients to make application for and obtain Recovery Orders for the recover of a child or children. The Applciation process is rather time consuming and any such Application needs to be drafted with reference to the requirements of the Family Court in relation to such Applications, as well as the information that needs to be included in such Applications.
Professional legal advice in this area of law may be necessary to ensure that you thoroughly understand the implications and consequences of seeking a Recovery Order.
If you need further legal advice on your Recovery Order matter, you may book an appointment with us by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you may wish to see one of our qualified Family Law solicitors at one of our branch offices. For a complete listing please see our "Locations" tab.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a Family matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Family Lawyer Sydney
- De Facto Lawyer Sydney
- Relationships Lawyer Sydney
- Divorce Lawyer Sydney
- Family Lawyer Parramatta
- De Facto Lawyer Parramatta
- Relationships Lawyer Parramatta
- Divorce Lawyer Parramatta
- Family Lawyer North Sydney
- De Facto Lawyer North Sydney
- Relationships Lawyer North Sydney
- Divorce Lawyer North Sydney
- Family Lawyer Hurstville
- De Facto Lawyer Hurstville
- Relationships Lawyer Hurstville
- Divorce Lawyer Hurstville
- Family Lawyer Liverpool
- De Facto Lawyer Liverpool
- Relationships Lawyer Liverpool
- Divorce Lawyer Liverpool
- Family Lawyer Gordon
- De Facto Lawyer Gordon
- Relationships Lawyer Gordon
- Divorce Lawyer Gordon
- Family Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- De Facto Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Relationships Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Divorce Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Family Lawyer Campbelltown
- De Facto Lawyer Campbelltown
- Relationships Lawyer Campbelltown
- Divorce Lawyer Campbelltown
- Family Lawyer Bondi Junction
- De Facto Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Relationships Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Divorce Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Family Lawyer Chatswood
- De Facto Lawyer Chatswood
- Relationships Lawyer Chatswood
- Divorce Lawyer Chatswood
- Family Lawyer Miranda
- De Facto Lawyer Miranda
- Relationships Lawyer Miranda
- Divorce Lawyer Miranda
- Family Lawyer Bella Vista
- De Facto Lawyer Bella Vista
- Relationships Lawyer Bella Vista
- Divorce Lawyer Bella Vista
- Family Lawyer Erina
- De Facto Lawyer Erina
- Relationships Lawyer Erina
- Divorce Lawyer Erina