As the name suggests, Consent Orders are orders that are made by the Court by agreement between the parties. Consent orders can be made in relation to property division as well as the care, welfare and development of your child or children. Where orders are made in relation to children, the Court will consider whether the orders are in the best interests of the child or children before making the order. Our Family Lawyers are experienced in taking instructions, drafting and advising upon consent orders and negotiating with your ex-spouse or ex-partner with a view to resolving matters amicable, where possible.
Before consent orders can be made by the Court, the parties will usually consult and negotiate with each other, with a view to reaching agreement as to what the proposed consent orders ought to be. Once an agreement has been reached, where property orders are being sought, a Form 11 must be completed and filed with the court within two (2) months of the parties signing the proposed order or orders. Other documents that need to be included may be:
- An Affidavit;
- Marriage Certificate; and
- A Superannuation Information Form, if required.
Consent orders can also be made to vary or discharge existing Family Court orders. To make the consent order or consent orders for the variation of existing orders, the Court must be satisfied, amongst other things, that the orders are comprehensive and enforceable.
Errors can be made when drafting an application for consent orders, which may mean that the Court may reject the order. There are a number of advantages of having consent orders. For example, an obvious advantage is the fact that the parties at all times, subject of course to the approval of the Court, will have control of the result of the proceedings and there is certainty of the outcome.
The Family Lawyers at Navado Lawyers & Solicitors can assess your case and ensure that all appropriate documentation is prepared and lodged with the Family Court, to maximise the prospects of ensuring that the consent orders are clear and enforceable. Book your free first consultation with one of our highly experienced Family Lawyers to prevent wasting your time and to reduce the potential for further disputes. To book an appointment, please contact us by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or email us to email@example.com. Please peruse our "Locations" tab for a complete list of our office locations.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a Family matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Family Lawyer Sydney
- De Facto Lawyer Sydney
- Relationships Lawyer Sydney
- Divorce Lawyer Sydney
- Family Lawyer Parramatta
- De Facto Lawyer Parramatta
- Relationships Lawyer Parramatta
- Divorce Lawyer Parramatta
- Family Lawyer North Sydney
- De Facto Lawyer North Sydney
- Relationships Lawyer North Sydney
- Divorce Lawyer North Sydney
- Family Lawyer Hurstville
- De Facto Lawyer Hurstville
- Relationships Lawyer Hurstville
- Divorce Lawyer Hurstville
- Family Lawyer Liverpool
- De Facto Lawyer Liverpool
- Relationships Lawyer Liverpool
- Divorce Lawyer Liverpool
- Family Lawyer Gordon
- De Facto Lawyer Gordon
- Relationships Lawyer Gordon
- Divorce Lawyer Gordon
- Family Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- De Facto Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Relationships Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Divorce Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Family Lawyer Campbelltown
- De Facto Lawyer Campbelltown
- Relationships Lawyer Campbelltown
- Divorce Lawyer Campbelltown
- Family Lawyer Bondi Junction
- De Facto Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Relationships Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Divorce Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Family Lawyer Chatswood
- De Facto Lawyer Chatswood
- Relationships Lawyer Chatswood
- Divorce Lawyer Chatswood
- Family Lawyer Miranda
- De Facto Lawyer Miranda
- Relationships Lawyer Miranda
- Divorce Lawyer Miranda
- Family Lawyer Bella Vista
- De Facto Lawyer Bella Vista
- Relationships Lawyer Bella Vista
- Divorce Lawyer Bella Vista
- Family Lawyer Erina
- De Facto Lawyer Erina
- Relationships Lawyer Erina
- Divorce Lawyer Erina