Children are the primary concern of the Federal Magistrates Court of Australia and the Family Court of Australia. Their care, welfare, development, rights, views and needs are paramount in the eyes of the law. Family law disputes involving children and child custody are extremely complicated. Family Law Lawyers in Sydney are often challenged with trying to establish a compromise between parents in relation to child contact and child custody. Our Family Lawyers and Child Custody Lawyers deliver strategic and lateral advice to clients grappling with visitation rights and contact. We take a sensitive and tactful approach to each family law matter.
The Family Courts have the power to decide who the child/children will live with, spend time with and communicate with. The FamilyCourts have the power to consider orders applied for by parents, grandparents and/or by another person on the child/children's behalf.
Generally, Family Courts have moved away from the previous focus on mothers, and realise the significance of children having rights to their father. In most circumstances however, this does not mean a strictly equal amount of time for each parent. Generally, in determining parent visitation and contact, Family Courts may take into account the contribution of each parent to their children’s life decisions.
Family law has moved away from being predominantly adversarial; changes in legislation reflect this notion. Family Courts encourage mediation, arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution as a means of resolving family law disputes, especially where children are involved. In the event that both parents are amicable and are able to reach an agreement themselves they can consider making a parenting plan by consent, usually through a Family Relationship Centre. Although parenting plans are not binding, they may be referred to and relied upon by a Family Court.
Our Family Lawyers and Child Custody Lawyers have extensive experience assisting clients deal with a wide range of family law disputes. Our Family Lawyers are particularly fond of the law surrounding children and visitation rights. We will assist in considering the different options available to you before advising that you commence legal proceedings. Our experience tells us that this is usually the most stressful, costly and extended process for dealing with a family law matter. To arrange a consultation with an experienced Family Solicitor, contact our office on (02) 9233 4048 or email us to email@example.com. Please peruse our "Locations" tab for a complete listof our office locations.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a Family matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Family Lawyer Sydney
- De Facto Lawyer Sydney
- Relationships Lawyer Sydney
- Divorce Lawyer Sydney
- Family Lawyer Parramatta
- De Facto Lawyer Parramatta
- Relationships Lawyer Parramatta
- Divorce Lawyer Parramatta
- Family Lawyer North Sydney
- De Facto Lawyer North Sydney
- Relationships Lawyer North Sydney
- Divorce Lawyer North Sydney
- Family Lawyer Hurstville
- De Facto Lawyer Hurstville
- Relationships Lawyer Hurstville
- Divorce Lawyer Hurstville
- Family Lawyer Liverpool
- De Facto Lawyer Liverpool
- Relationships Lawyer Liverpool
- Divorce Lawyer Liverpool
- Family Lawyer Gordon
- De Facto Lawyer Gordon
- Relationships Lawyer Gordon
- Divorce Lawyer Gordon
- Family Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- De Facto Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Relationships Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Divorce Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Family Lawyer Campbelltown
- De Facto Lawyer Campbelltown
- Relationships Lawyer Campbelltown
- Divorce Lawyer Campbelltown
- Family Lawyer Bondi Junction
- De Facto Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Relationships Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Divorce Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Family Lawyer Chatswood
- De Facto Lawyer Chatswood
- Relationships Lawyer Chatswood
- Divorce Lawyer Chatswood
- Family Lawyer Miranda
- De Facto Lawyer Miranda
- Relationships Lawyer Miranda
- Divorce Lawyer Miranda
- Family Lawyer Bella Vista
- De Facto Lawyer Bella Vista
- Relationships Lawyer Bella Vista
- Divorce Lawyer Bella Vista
- Family Lawyer Erina
- De Facto Lawyer Erina
- Relationships Lawyer Erina
- Divorce Lawyer Erina