Another common name for child support is child maintenance.
Child maintenance is paid by one parent to the other parent for the care and welfare of the child of the relationship. The legislation in Australia supports the view that both parents have a responsibility to financially support their children. This responsibility does not change in the event of a divorce or separation. If your children were born after 1 October 1989, you can apply to the Child Support Agency for assistance in making child support arrangements. If your children were born prior to 1 October 1989, you can apply to the Federal Magistrates Court for assistance in making child maintenance arrangements. Our Family Lawyers have a broad range of experience in advising on child maintenance or child support matters and have not only advised clients in child support matters, but have also litigated complicated child support matters on behalf of clients.
Our child support lawyers have appeared for clients in Court proceedings relating to Child Support in a broad and complicated range of matters, including disputes involving the DNA of a child and challenging whether an alleged parent of a child is in fact the natural biological parent, disputes surrounding child support agreements and their enforceability and other matters including the provision of child support advice legal advice, generally.
Where both parties agree on child maintenance arrangements, there is usually no need to involve the Child Support Agency or the Federal Magistrates Court. It is possible for parents to enter into child maintenance or child support agreements. Before entering into such agreements, you should seek legal advice. A range of matters may need to be considered when preparing or entering into such an agreement.
Child maintenance is also available for step children and instances where a parent lives overseas. The area of law in such cases can be complex and delicate. If you require assistance with a child support matter, you should speak to a Family Lawyer and obtain legal advice.
The Family Lawyers at Navado Lawyers & Solicitors have extensive experience in the area of Child Support and Child Maintenance. Contact our office by telephone on (02) 9233 4048 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book your first free consultation. Please peruse our "Locations" tab for a complete listof our branch offices.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
Sorry, but no FAQs are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a Family matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Family Lawyer Sydney
- De Facto Lawyer Sydney
- Relationships Lawyer Sydney
- Divorce Lawyer Sydney
- Family Lawyer Parramatta
- De Facto Lawyer Parramatta
- Relationships Lawyer Parramatta
- Divorce Lawyer Parramatta
- Family Lawyer North Sydney
- De Facto Lawyer North Sydney
- Relationships Lawyer North Sydney
- Divorce Lawyer North Sydney
- Family Lawyer Hurstville
- De Facto Lawyer Hurstville
- Relationships Lawyer Hurstville
- Divorce Lawyer Hurstville
- Family Lawyer Liverpool
- De Facto Lawyer Liverpool
- Relationships Lawyer Liverpool
- Divorce Lawyer Liverpool
- Family Lawyer Gordon
- De Facto Lawyer Gordon
- Relationships Lawyer Gordon
- Divorce Lawyer Gordon
- Family Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- De Facto Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Relationships Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Divorce Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Family Lawyer Campbelltown
- De Facto Lawyer Campbelltown
- Relationships Lawyer Campbelltown
- Divorce Lawyer Campbelltown
- Family Lawyer Bondi Junction
- De Facto Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Relationships Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Divorce Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Family Lawyer Chatswood
- De Facto Lawyer Chatswood
- Relationships Lawyer Chatswood
- Divorce Lawyer Chatswood
- Family Lawyer Miranda
- De Facto Lawyer Miranda
- Relationships Lawyer Miranda
- Divorce Lawyer Miranda
- Family Lawyer Bella Vista
- De Facto Lawyer Bella Vista
- Relationships Lawyer Bella Vista
- Divorce Lawyer Bella Vista
- Family Lawyer Erina
- De Facto Lawyer Erina
- Relationships Lawyer Erina
- Divorce Lawyer Erina