Over the years, we have acted for and represented employers in relation to a range of complicated employment law matters. We have assisted employers with managing employment disputes, the legal and effective termination of staff members guided by legal advice, as well as defended and prosecuted claims on behalf of employers against employees and/or former employees, where necessary or appropriate.
An employment contract is a legally binding agreement between an employer and an employee. The employment contract should contain the rights and responsibilities of the employer (namely to pay wages or a salary for the length of the contract) and the employee (namely to render services to the employer for the length of the contract). Employment agreements are governed by a complex legal web of state and federal legislation (such as the Fair Work Act). Other than the express terms in the employment contract, the law also implies certain obligations and rights on the employer and employee. Regardless of whether you are an employer or employee, an Employment Solicitor can help you ensure that you know your legal rights and obligations.
Our Sydney Employment Lawyers and Employment Solicitors assist both employers and employees and can provide the following services:
- drafting employment contracts
- advising you on your employment contract
- advising you on the rights and obligations express and implied in the employment contract
- negotiating changes to the employment contract
- advising you in relation to your rights to terminate an employment contract
- advising you in relation to your award entitlements or obligations
- ensuring that your employment contract meets national employment standards and industry standards
Sometimes enforcing these duties will result in one or more employees being terminated for breaching the relevant legislation. It is important that in any termination of an employee whether it is for a legislative breach or poor work conduct or simply a redundancy that the termination is fair and reasonable and that all entitlements owed are paid upon termination or as soon as practical thereafter.
Of course, a fair and well balanced employment contract does not always insure against employment disputes later on down the track.
An employer has many duties imposed on them by legislation, with which they must strictly comply, including ensuring occupational health and safety and ensuring a discrimination, harassment and victimization free workplace. An employer must also carry adequate worker’s compensation insurance in the event of a workplace injury and keep adequate employee records.
Our Sydney Employment Lawyers and Sydney Unfair Dismissal Lawyers can assist with the following areas of Employment Law:
- Unfair dismissal or unlawful dismissal
- Breach of contract
- Discrimination and bullying in the workplace
- Sexual harassment in the workplace
- Unfair work conditions
- Breach of award wages
For quality employment law advice, contact our office and arrange an appointment with an Employment Lawyer today. We have branch offices conveniently positioned across the Sydney metropolitan area. For a full list of our office locations, with complete addresses, click on our Locations tab above or contact our main office line on (02) 9233 4048.
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.
Sorry, but no Articles are available at this time.
If you require assistance with a Employment matter, you should make an appointment to see one of our Lawyers in one of the following locations:
- Bondi Junction
- Bella Vista
- Employment Lawyer Sydney
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Sydney
- Employment Lawyer Parramatta
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Parramatta
- Employment Lawyer North Sydney
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer North Sydney
- Employment Lawyer Hurstville
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Hurstville
- Employment Lawyer Liverpool
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Liverpool
- Employment Lawyer Gordon
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Gordon
- Employment Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Baulkham Hills
- Employment Lawyer Campbelltown
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Campbelltown
- Employment Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Bondi Junction
- Employment Lawyer Chatswood
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Chatswood
- Employment Lawyer Miranda
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Miranda
- Employment Lawyer Bella Vista
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Bella Vista
- Employment Lawyer Erina
- Unfair Dismissal Lawyer Erina