Conveyancing & Will Offer
The importance of a Will cannot be overstated. If you die without a Will, the rules of intestacy will apply. This means, effectively, that your Estate will be distributed in accordance with the law. Any wishes that you may have had may not be carried out. When you obtain a significant asset, like a home, having a Will that addresses the distribution of that asset is paramount.
We offer a Conveyancing & Will Offer for a competitive flat fee of $1190 plus disbursements.
The Conveyancing & Will Offer includes our services acting in the standard residential purchase or sale* ($990 plus Disbursements) and a Simple Will* (reduced to $200 from $330.00 for a single person or $ 550.00 for a couple).
For more information on our Conveyancing & Will Offer, contact our office on our main line (02) 9233 4048.
What is a standard conveyance (purchase or sale) ?
Standard means where the property is in existence and any dwelling on it has been constructed, the title is registered and the transaction is not a non-standard conveyance (see below).
Non-standard conveyance (purchase or sale)
Non-standard means a conveyance involving any sale or purchase:-
- that is subject to the subdivision and/or registration of subdivision on title; or
- that is an off-the-plan purchase or sale where the title is yet to be registered or construction is not complete; or
- that is a house and land package or home building contract; or
- where either party is proposing to sign any documents in relation to the purchase or sale by way of power of attorney or other instrument; or
- involving the executor or trustee of a will or personal legal representative; or
- requiring the lodgement of a transmission application; or
- that is a complicated conveyance as determined by us in our sole discretion.
What is a Simple Will ?
This will include or address the following matters in relation to your Australian property only:
- appoint an Australian Executor or Australian Executors
- nominate a beneficiary or multiple beneficiaries
- deal with Australian (and not overseas) property
- make numerous bequests, including specific gifts of property and cash gifts including gifts to charities;
- divide assets in equal or unequal shares
- decide whether your Will is to survive a future or subsequent marriage
- appoint Guardians for your children under the age of eighteen (18) years old;
- provide directions as to your funeral or burial wishes;
- provide instructions on organ donation or the use of a body for research
- create minors trusts — which protects a minor's inheritance until they turn 18 or a later nominated age.
- Any other matters that we can efficiently advise on and assist with, within the fixed fee, as determined by us in our sole discretion
If so required, we also offer free safe custody storage of Wills.
Note that we may decide in our sole and absolute discretion that your testamentary wishes cannot be addressed in a Simple Will. In such circumstances, we will advise you of the applicable fee, up-front, in writing, before we commence work.
Furthermore, we may decide in our sole and absolute discretion that your testamentary wishes cannot be addressed in a simple will. In such circumstances, we will advise you of the applicable fee.
Related Practice Areas