Unsurprisingly, a large number of Australians do not have a Will (our internal research shows that approximately 1 in 2 Australian people do not have will). This may be due to the inconvenience of having a will prepared, the cost of seeing a lawyer, or simple and undeniable reluctance.
The importance of a properly drafted will cannot be overstated. Without one, your assets are likely to be dealt with in a manner which is not in accordance with your testamentary wishes.
Our lawyers charge a cost effective and competitive fee of $330 for a simple will (and in the case of a couple, two simple Wills, at no additional charge). This will include or address the following matters:
- The appointment of an Australian executor or executors to administer the will
- A direction as to your funeral or burial wishes
- The appointment of primary benefactors of your estate. Usually the primary benefactors are your closest relatives. However, your will can also direct grants to charities, welfare organizations, religious institutions and so forth
- Assigning specific possessions to particular persons, friends or relatives
- The assignment of alternative beneficiaries and alternative executors
- The appointment of guardians where children are involved
- Instructions on organ donation or the use of a body for research
- Any other matters that we can efficiently advise on and assist with, within the fixed fee, as determined by us in our sole discretion
If so required, we also offer free safe custody storage of wills, as well as registration of wills at the NSW Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages, at no extra charge.
Note that we may decide in our sole and absolute discretion that your testamentary wishes cannot be addressed in a simple will. In such circumstances, we will advise you of the applicable fee, up-front, in writing, before we commence work
Related Practice Areas
This webpage (and any material or wording appearing on this webpage) is provided for general information purposes only and does not constitute any Legal Advice. It does not take into account your objectives, your instructions or all of the relevant facts and/or circumstances. Navado accepts no responsibility to any person who relies on the information provided on this website. We further refer you to our Disclaimer.